February 6-10, 2023

February 6-10, 2023

Today you should have received an email from child highlighting some of their learning they are feeling particularly proud of and activities that they connected with. I know my highlights this last month outside of art school include watching students challenge themselves with presenting to their peers, learning motion geometry through building, making beautiful music together after only 2 music practices and demonstrating their curiosity about space. 

This week we also:
-practiced organizing ideas to create a news article
-reviewed adding in our $100000 challenge
-demonstrated our understanding of transformations by having a math test (which is coming home today)
-participated in mission impossible in gym
-learned about matrilineal societies
-started exploring space technologies and missions

We were fortunate to have a bonus art school session Wednesday with Bubba B, the MC. Students worked with Bubba B to create a collaborative rap about the things they care for. 

Our finished composition:

First off, my family helped to raise me
They provide me home, love and safety.
I really like to exercise 'cause it gives me energy
Eating good food makes me the top G!

When I get to school and see my friends
Playing soccer and havin fun, hope it never ends.
This Earth that we live on needs more care
That's why I wear fashionable clothes with flair.

My music style is rapping, my money flows growing
Reading books and playing games keeps me expanding.
Phones vibrating connecting with my peeps
Holding my stuffies close when I go sleep.

Living this life like a frog taking big leaps
My life depends on this so I lead life with love, peace.


Next week we only have 3 days of school. We will be continuing our article presentations (google classroom), creating tessellations and welcoming back Mr. I! 

Have a great weekend. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog